Sunday, June 5, 2011

A few of my favorite Moments from this past week

  • On Monday we got together with the Edwards' family and had such a great visit. It is so much fun to watch our kids play together and we had great conversation too.


  • Tuesday we took Riley Kate to the doctor and she was 36 inches tall (95th percentile) and 24lbs (20th percentile) 
  • Riley Kate and I had a fun day Wednesday playing in her pool while Hadi slept. We bought her a sprinkler beach ball with some birthday money and tried to play with that too, but she hated it :(
  • Riley Kate has always been finicky- she has never liked messes on her hands on feet. We have always laughed at her about this. Well it has been taken to a whole new level this week she had a come apart in the bath tub because she found literally a speck of dirt-that i'm sure came off her.. Later in the week-when we were playing in her pool-she had to make sure no grass got into her pool from her feet-and when it did-pool time was over. We were even at a friend's house and there was a scratch on their wall and she said her favorite phrase, "What happened mommy?" On Friday we went to the park and she saw marks on the slide (like just wear and tear marks) and she refused to go down the slide-she thought it was poop. My favorite was one night she was eating a snack at her table and I was doing the dishes-she comes up behind me with literally one strand of my hair and says "mommy, trash". 
  • Little Miss Hadi has had a rough week of teething this week-and has been abnormally fussy. I thought God had placed within this child the inability to be fussy-but I was wrong. She has been chewing on everything and has had a low grade fever-but that has not stopped her from jabbering up a storm... It has been different this week than in the past-more like words. She is also crawling everywhere and I'm not even kidding trying to pull up.. She turned seven months this week.. I cannot believe it. Aaron and I see that Hadi and Riley look similar but no one else really does.. 

  • Me and the girls visited my Nana and Papaw in Russellville this weekend and it was so much fun. I plan to blog about my Nana and Papaw next time (so stayed tuned). My Nana has always delighted in her grandchildren and her great-grandchildren are no exception. I had a few good moments I won't forget with my papaw too-(see next post)





  • On the way home from Russellville I had a moment that was not a favorite but I thought all would enjoy a good laugh and I believe I may laugh as well in YEARS to come. We had started the journey home and all was going well.. Riley and I were singing and Hadley was snoozing.. When all of a sudden Hadley wakes up screaming. Knowing that this was unlike her, I pulled over to check on her and I found what I had predicted would be the culprit- a poopy diaper. So in efforts to clean her up I remove her from the car seat and bring her around to the passenger side to lay her down and change her. I had changed her right before we left so i new the wipes should be right inside the diaper bag.. I open the diaper and begin the process-when to my surprise NO WIPES!! I had left them laying on my Nana's guest bed. So I did what any good mother would do.. I turned to Paci wipes as my next option.. I figured if they are safe to use on things that go in your mouth that why not on your booty. I get Hadley settled and I am about 25 miles from home. The crying doesn't stop because I can tell she is ready for some food.. (had given her a bottle before we left but she was ready for her baby food). Not more than 10 minutes later Riley says mommy I got to poop.. I said okay we will pull over (I had the potty chair with me) when the road construction stops (the  left hand lane was shut down). Before, I could get to a place to stop I smell this horrible makeyouwannapassout smell coming from the back seat.. And my finicky daughter is sitting as still as possible . .She looks at me and says "Beans Mommy!" I guess I should explain that she has called her poop beans since the time I tried to make her eat refried beans. Guess she thought I was feeding her poop that day. I instruct her not to move and continue to book it home-i  had like one more paci wipe and a whole car seat full of "beans". Aaron was at work when I got home so feeding one, cleaning another, and getting everything settled when we finally arrived at home was very comical. This morning I woke up with a goose egg on my head and remembered that while i was trying to change Hadi on the parkway I hit my head on the car door.. Gotta love it :)
  • This week Riley Kate and I have started singing twinkle twinkle little stars when I am washing her hair- it distracts her from her hatred of having her hair washed.I love it because I can stop singing and she keeps on and finishes the song. Also, we have been reading I Love you Forever every night. (Prior to now, she wasn't interested in that book when I would try to read it to her. )
  • One last thing -Riley was singing to her babies (as usual) one day this week and said-"God Paid it All" wrong lyrics but correct truth :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment