Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Panera and Jesus

I am a frequent visitor of Panera-anyone who knows Aaron and I well will tell you that we like that place a little too much :). Before kids, every Saturday morning we would go to Panera get a bagel and coffee and get in the Word together. I think Panera and Jesus just go together.  Aaron and I  rarely get to go and linger -but we still go through the drive thru often. This week I have had other people accompany me to Panera for breakfast. Both yesterday and today I got to spend some one on one time with two girls from my small group. I don't think I have gotten to blog much about my group of small group  girls, but they are seriously AMAZING! I do not know where girls like this were when I was in middle school. Most of them have a solid foundation in Christ and the things that the Spirit convicts them of is so encouraging to me. They really strive to put off there old nature and put on the nature of Christ. My heart's desire was to walk with these girls throughout the rest of middle school and through HIgh school. However, we are moving in a couple of weeks and while I plan to stay in contact- the life on life interaction will not be as possible. There is seriously NOTHING I am more sad about concerning our move than leaving this group of girls. Yesterday I had lunch with a girl who is about to start the eighth grade. She has a friend who she desires to know Christ and she is living with that end as a purpose. She was telling me about some conversations she had with this friend and I was blown away by her solid foundation. Today I had breakfast with a girl, who I have been praying for (as has her mom) a lot over the past 6 months. Recently Christ has drawn this sweet girl to himself-and I am just "giddy". This morning while I ate breakfast with this girl I  recalled going for ice cream with her last summer-it was if today I was talking with a completely different person.
I have been re reading some parenting books and I sometimes allow myself to get defeated. I love seeing-good parenting fleshed out.   It is easy to get discouraged by the world and its comments. We hear when we discuss dating, discipline, restrictions etc .. 
"Oh we'll see what your going to do when they get that age."
"I would like to see you tell them that-they are just going to sneak around and do it"
"You are just going to cause them to rebel"
and while any of the above comments may play out as true for our children-its very cool to see God transform a young heart to desire the thing He desires-and therefore is in line with what the parents see as best. 
I will post a picture of my group of girls after tonight's small group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment