Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Unfolding of time

Isn't it funny how quickly we forget things? My girls are only 17 months apart and it feels as if its been forever since Riley kate was doing the things Hadley is now. I remember feeling this way the first week we had Hadi home. It was like I was a newbie all over again. I understand why my mom who hasn't had a baby in 27 years can't remember things like -"do you feed them fruit or veggies first?" While, I'm sure in twenty years I won't really care what solid food I started my girls on at 6 months- there will be some "small" things I would like to remember. There have been moments in the past few months that I have watched videos of Riley Kate when she was Hadley's age and actually ached to spend that day with her again. I can't believe how quickly both of them are growing up. I heard a speaker once say-The unfolding of time seems so odd to us because we are meant to be eternal creatures. We once were to live forever -before sin entered the world. I feel this.. I feed the oddity that comes with my girls growing and changing-moving from one season to another. Because I am the sentimental type, (which my girls probably might not even value) every now and then I am going to record the random-nothing-exciting events of our day. I stated at the beginning of the blog that this is mainly record keeping for our family-so I am aware that the next part will bore some if not all-my apologies in advance  :)
My dear girls,
    Today is December 13, 2011. Its a rainy, cold Tuesday and we haven't even gotten out of our PJs. You both woke up this morning around 8:30. We watched our morning show-Patty Cake (of course) and had breakfast. This morning you both had cereal and a banana. Riley Kate -you told mommy when you woke up that you had a dream about Patty Cake and daddy shut the door to the fridge because thats where she lived -(I dunno -it was your dream ). Hadi when you woke up this morning we cuddles a long time before you were ready to get down and play  ( I love when that happens) Mommy cleaned some this morning and you girls played well together-which doesn't always happen. You played well until, Hadley started stealing Mary from Riley's manger scene she was creating with her "little people set". We had a talk and unfortunately a spanking because there was pushing involved. Aunt Ashley and baby Madison came over for a play date. Aunt Ashley brought over two Christmas pillowcase dresses she made for all three of you. We tried them on and you looked so sweet! Riley you have played doctor, pretended to talk on your cell phone, and put your baby down for a nap today. Hadley you have pushed your bus, played with babies, and taken one step (no more), and played with your little red monster. You all loved having Baby Madison over and the three of you did well together. Riley we read one of your 25 (not exaggerating) library books we checked out- "Madeline" a few times today.You really like that book. You had a grilled cheese for lunch with a side of yogurt and have been napping for almost 3 hours. Daddy will be home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment