Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Passing moments I don't want to forget #1

As we were reading the story of the birth of Christ before Riley's nap today we began talking about how Jesus came to rescue us.. I could see she was puzzled and didn't exactly know what rescued was.. so off my cuff I tried to think of an explanation that a two year old would grasp.. I choose to use the illustration of  her falling down the steps and mommy catching her..thats kind of like rescuing. I then told her that we all need to be rescued -that mommy does, daddy does, she does, and everyone is the world needs to be rescued from sin. She asked "catched?" I said yes we all need to be "catched" (excuse the bad grammar-she's two :)) Then with a twinkle in her eye she said "mommy catchup like for my chicken..." Guess we will revisit that truth a little later :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment