Friday, April 15, 2011

Better than Christmas morning

Okay take the real meaning of Christmas out of it .. and its better than Christmas morning...what am I talking about??? Owensboro's Pigtails and Cowlicks Consignment sell. It is by far my favorite thing that happens -and it happens twice a year(spring/summer  & winter/fall) . You get the very best deals on amazing clothes that have been gently worn. We rarely have to buy anything for our kids except what we purchase here... Usually I go by myself but last night Aaron was off work and so we made a date night out of it. We got a sitter in the late afternoon, went shopping, and then finished with an early evening dinner at one of our favorite restaurants (and got the Early Bird Special ) . It was a spectacular night! However, with two people finding cute clothes we may have went a little "overboard". Not that he ever fusses at me for money I spend (seriously he never does) but I always sift through my piles time after time before checking out to make sure I got the best deals and "just what we need". I think his hunger got the best of him-he was ready to leave after only one sifting. 
   We came back to the house where our kids were well taken care of. Riley Kate wanted to try on everything we had bought which I think pleased Aaron and I as much as it did her. I would dress her and she would look at me and say, "show daddy?!!" and then run and show aaron. She even wanted to show her babydoll.  
We loved on our babies and then put them to bed. We enjoyed the rest of our evening -completed by snuggling and talking on the coach before going to bed.. It was a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment