Wednesday, April 20, 2011

From Life's First Cry...

We got the call last night that my brother and his wife were headed to the hospital because they believed that my sister in-law's water broke. Indeed it had and at 12:44 am Madison Elise Powell made her first appearance into this world. Ashley (that's my sister in law's name too) was only 36 weeks but Madison is absolutely perfect. She weighed 5lbs 10oz and was 17.5 inches long.
Last night was once again a time I hated not having family close by-but luckily today was Aaron's day off so the girls, Aaron, and I packed up first thing this morning and made a day trip to Nashville. Riley Kate is potty training (and doing very well actually-almost a week of no accidents :) so we stopped twice for her to potty and one of the stops was combined with a feeding for Hadley. When we arrived at the hospital I could not wait to get to that sweet baby-I think Riley Kate was just as excited. She narrated what we were going to do the whole trip to Nashville. I was so excited to hold that small burrito (thats what they call her because she loves being swaddled up tight). Its funny no matter how recent its been you just forget how little they are when they first arrive. Riley was a little smaller than Madison and Hadley a smidge bigger- but all three of them were within 7 oz /3 inches of each other. It was only 6months ago that Hadley was that small- but I still felt like I had never in all my life held something so tiny. 
It was so sweet to see these two as parents-that Madison sure is a lucky girl. 
Everytime I hold a newborn I am reminded of the lyrics from  In Christ Alone- "From Life's First Cry-to Final breath Jesus Commands my Destiny" Already praying that God would draw Madison to himself at an early age.. That she would see the beauty of Christ and be compelled to love Him above all else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment