Monday, April 25, 2011

What is Loving Slow?

I first heard this coined phrase during a "Titus 2" morning, when a seasoned mom -who I love and respect dearly- shared her heart with us younger moms on slowing down and really taking time to love God, your husband, and your kids. "Titus 2" is a ministry of our church where a group of younger mothers meet together and glean wisdom from more experienced mothers - following the mandate in Titus 2. (hence the name)
That particular morning Lisa Hyland spoke volumes to my heart and the Spirit has used her words to since began to transform my life. She spoke of three main priorities in our life- Our relationship with God, our relationship with our husband, and our relationship with our children. Since her talk it seems everything I read and many thoughts I have echo what she has said. So I thought why not name my blog- Loving Slow-because it seems to encompass  my every day's goal. Over the next three days I will blog about what it looks like (so says my sweet friend and other books I have read) to love slow in each of these three priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment